Frequently asked questions for email-checker tools.
- How are email addresses checked?
- How accurate is this service?
- How does your service handle 'Grey Listing'?
- Does your service detect spam trap emails?
- Why should I pay for an email verification service?
- How to I sign up?
- How do I cancel?
- Do you share my email lists or use them in any other way?
- Why can't I log in?
How are email addresses checked?
We check each and every email at 3 levels:
- Syntax – Is the address in the right format? (e.g. email@example.com)
- MX – Does a mail server exist for a domain?
- Mailbox – Our server talks to remote mail server and asks “Does this mail box exist?”
How accurate is this service?
Very. For various technical reasons, it is the most accurate service that you can find anywhere and we aim for between 97-99% overall accuracy based on a typical email list.
How does your service handle 'Grey Listing'?
Our real time validation services (e.g. tools.email-checker.com) flags grey listed addresses for you to manually re-check at a future time.
Does your service detect spam trap emails?
We've been tagging several known spam trap operators since fall of 2014. click here to learn more.
Why should I pay for an email verification service?
Our email checking services are the best out there. Every day we check thousands of emails on behalf of thousands of satisfied users.
Top quality services such as our don't happen by accident. We invest financially in server hardware, bandwidth, staff, development, testing and a multitude of other areas in order to provide you, our users, with robust and high quality services. Like any quality service, we charge a fee.
If you use and enjoy this facility, please be sure to checkout our other email verification services and support us in continuing to provide you with the best email checking tools available.
We are aware that there are other free services out there that you could use. Here are some reasons why our customers choose our service over the free alternatives:
- Robust service - with 99.9% uptime. (here ) is the proof!
- No advertising - can be annoying on free sites.
- Best possible accuracy - email address checking is not an exact science due to the nature of email servers. A few email addresses just can't be checked. Most free services get around the problem by telling you that an address is valid when they don't know (e.g. punch any Yahoo address into a free checker and it will always say "valid"). We differentiate addresses that we know can't be checked from those that are genuinely valid / not valid.
- Advanced features - such as grey listing detection, email extraction and supplemental search info. Free services don't provide these.
We respect your choice of "free" (or advertising subsidised) versus subscription. However, as a paid service, we are better motivated to provide robust, accurate and feature rich services than those of our "free" competitors.
Ultimately your decision is cost versus quality. If you use our services for business purposes where each of your email leads can cost or make you dollars, are you happy with lower quality results from free services?
Read more about free email verification services .
How to I sign up?
See our range of email verification services.
How do I cancel?
We used to provide subscription logins on tools.email-checker.com. This is no longer the case but if you hold an older PayPal based account with us, see Managing Your Subscription Through PayPal.
Do you share my email lists or use them in any other way?
No. No-one other than you has access to your data / email lists.
Why can't I log in?
Please make sure that you log on to the service that you are subscribed to:
All services have a "recover password" feature.
Existing tools.email-checker.com membership logon problems
Your logon details are controlled from the subscription that you setup in your PayPal account. Please see Managing Your Subscription Through PayPal for more information.
Please note that your logon to tools.email-checker.com is deactivated immediately once you unsubscribe from our services from within your PayPal account.